Saturday, November 04, 2006

It doesn't pay to forget the date

I left the house a little over an hour ago to bring the cows off the long acre before night advanced too far towards morning.
And noted immediately a large fire spewing black smoke, just across the neighbour's paddock.
Whines and bangs and glittery colours in the air proved this was no accidental fire ... and my reaction was unrepeatable in a family environment.

I've just met my neighbour. He's sitting in the ute, watching his calves which had destroyed their eight-wire fence and scattered across three paddocks.

My cows are now in their paddock, and I've checked my calves.

Take care - and please, if you're not a farmer; think before setting those fireworks. Rural does not mean they have no impact on the surrounding livestock and environment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.