Saturday, April 05, 2008

115 again




115 is obviously strong enough to become almost completely submerged in a swamp, pull herself out again and turn up for morning milking with the rest of the herd.

I had no idea until I saw her in the yard. She'd been in way up over her rump (see where the tide-mark stops halfway along her back) and has swamp silt up her neck all the way to just under her eyes.

I've seen cows arrive for milking covered in swamp mud before, but never when the swamp is down a sideling, behind an electric fence and presumably a few meters beyond the cutty grass (at least, I've never even seen the swamp behind the grass in that part of the paddock but I'd presumed it was there).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.